Thursday, May 13, 2010

Picture of the rabbit cage you are building

Here is a picture of the 30x36 rabbit cage we're talking about.

Notice the two feeders. I use multiple feeders because I believe that with 8 or 12 young rabbits fighting for food, room at the table is important. I believe that with better the access to food they will eat more. Here is more about my rabbits diet and nutrition along with some links to other breeders and how they feed their rabbits.
These are seven and a half inch feeders. I am thinking about going to a nine and a half inch feeder in the door. The bigger the better.
Kits from different litters but the same pairing will be bigger faster with multiple feeders.
This was one of the first cages I ever built myself, about 5 years ago. I used 2x1 wire, which shows that it will work just fine. I developed my preference for 1x2 later.
It is all GAW (Galvanized After Weld) wire, and looks like new to this day.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when your rabbit hops wild around your house biting and scratching random things and peoples fingers in the process? When my sister bought her first rabbit she had the very same problem. You need to buy a rabbit cage not only to protect yourself from your rabbit, but to protect your rabbit from hazardous things such as electrical wires and other pets.
    rabbit cages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have read your blog, it is very well-written content that you have shared here. I have learned many things related to .

    Stacking Cages
    Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete